Many reasons will make you appreciate the fantastic mashed potatoes. They are the classic homemade food that will deliver that comforting reminder for the best food time. Consider the recipe below that will ensure that you quickly cook the mashed potatoes, which is a year-round favorite food.
Now, before you start preparing mashed potatoes, you will need the following ingredients;
- A teaspoon of salt
- One tablespoon of butter
- A dash pepper
- A cup of hot milk
- Ten medium-sized potatoes which have been peeled and cut into quarter pieces
Notably, red potatoes are the best for cooking mashed potatoes. You will like the fact that they are starchy and they also easily fall apart during cooking. Russet potatoes will accord an easy time for mashing.
Here are the steps to follow for cooking smart mashed potatoes.
- First, start by placing the potatoes in a large saucepan. You will then need to enough water, sufficient to cover them all. You will then add ¾ teaspoons of the salt then start boiling them. You will then reduce the heat to a medium-low after which you loosely cover the potatoes and gently simmer them for at least 20 minutes. Ensure that you gently boil hem until the vegetables begin to gently fall apart when you use a fork to pierce it. Drain them well ad proceed to the next step.
- Now bring back the potatoes into the saucepan. Stat gently shaking over low heat for at least 2 minutes. So that any excess form moisture evaporates.
- Now start mashing the potatoes using the potato masher until there are no traces of lumps. You will get the butter, paper and the remaining salt. Add to the vegetables and continue mashing. Start now adding the milk gradually so that it gives your potatoes that smooth and creamy taste. Ensure that you are using a good potato masher which has a sturdy handle.
- After mashing, you will get creamy potatoes! Those are the mashed potatoes that will taste delicious, and you can serve it right there while hot!
All steps aforementioned are the key steps that will deliver the best-mashed potatoes. You can always refer to it for the best-mashed potatoes ever. All its nutrition status are very appealing, and you can be sure to be filled. Take it, and you will never find reasons to deny it for lunch o supper.